Guiding Principles and Acknowledgements
All citizens have a right to equitable, timely and effective health care in Canada. Those responsible for health care, particularly parties who profit or benefit from the ill health of others, have a moral responsibility to support work that contributes to, or enhances the lives of people living with disease. This support must be shared by governments, non-profit and for-profit organizations, and citizens themselves. This is not only equitable, but is the best means to mitigate external influences and balance the interests of all members.
To completely insulate the activities and governance of the Better Pharmacare Coalition from influence of government, pharmaceutical industry and academia, the following principles/values guide our work:
- The Coalition discloses all funding sources in its activities.
- The Coalition identifies the source of all materials or documents used in its work.
- The Coalition does not promote any "brand", product or program on any of its materials or its web site, or during any of its educational programs or activities.
- All of the Coalition's activities and the content of all projects are controlled entirely by the Coalition in a way that adheres to its values and mission.
- The core operational activities, advocacy platform and strategic plans are funded entirely by members of the Coalition.
- For external funding of projects, publications or programs, the Coalition accepts only unrestricted grants from private and public organizations as well as individuals.
The Coalition receives unrestricted grants from public and private organizations, and individuals.
We thank all of our funders for their support.